European and Transnational Governance Network
Who We are
The ETGN is a training and development partnership among eight prestigious European academic and research institutions, offering transnational perspectives on governance issues of the 21st century:
- Central European University
- College of Europe, Bruges Campus
- College of Europe, Natolin Campus
- École Nationale D'Aministration
- School of Transnational Governance, European University Institute
- Hertie School
- SciencesPo Paris
- SDA Bocconi School of Management
Founded in 2018, the ETGN consortium partners share knowledge and competences and deliver collaborative executive education, providing participants with the opportunity to receive the ETGN certificate.
The mission of the ETGN is to provide mid-career and senior professionals a unique opportunity to deepen and extend their knowledge and competences in the area of public policy innovation in relation to European and Transnational Governance. Therefore, the ETGN develops innovative, interactive and impactful executive education training initiatives, leveraging the comparative advantages of the academic curricula of the participating institutions. The trainings have a strong orientation towards civic service to include civil society and private sector organisations across the world.
- Environmental protection : European Union regulatory approach / 22 - 24 september 2020 - distance learning
- European Union and its economic partners / 16 – 18 November 2020 – residential training (Paris)
- EU Law in Action, From Inception to Litigation / 21 - 25 September 2020 - distance learning
- Negotiating within and with the European Union / 30 November - 4 December 2020 – residential training (Paris)
- Leadership - emotional Intelligence / 24 April 2020
- Management - the manager negotiator / 22 May 2020
- Public speaking and leadership / 4 - 5 June 202
What You Will get
- A multidisciplinary approach that combines sector competences with leadership and management skills in a multicultural training environment
- Evidence-based knowledge and competences grounded in leading innovative research
- Access to a network of internationally renowned teachers and trainers from both academia, public institutions and private practice
- The co-creation of knowledge through individual, professional experience exchange among peers in a safe training space
The ETGN Certificate
The ETGN releases the Joint Certificate on European and Transnational Governance to all participants who have completed executive education training courses at three (3) partner institutions, for a minimum of one hundred (100) hours, within a maximum period of two (2) years.
A scholarship scheme to support the mobility of participants interested in receiving the Joint Certificate is made available by the network partners. Information and conditions of the ETGN scholarship scheme can be found here.
Our Guiding Principles
- Recognition and understanding that 21st century policy-making crosses national boundaries, involving domestic and public institutions in an increasingly interconnected and interdependent world where public actors must successfully interact with civil society organisations and private sector entities;
- Commitment to a consistent proven track record of excellence in European and transnational governance research, education, and policy dialogue;
- Foundation and Rigour in both social and human sciences, which provides the broader analytical skills to understand world interdependencies in order to successfully address social challenges, via well-designed and broadly evaluated policy interventions;
- Transnational Knowledge emphasis that enables an understanding of the linkage between evidence-based policy-making, which continuously drives professional learning and skills development.